If you reside in the CIS, the Australian Embassy in Moscow is not the only place where it is possible to lodge the passport application. Interviews for passport applications can be arranged at the Australian Consulates in St. Petersburg, Vladivostok and Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Please note that the Australian Consulates cannot witness any signatures on passport application forms.
This document should be read in conjunction with our other guides on how to apply or renew a passport at the Australian Embassy Moscow.
To lodge your application through our consulates, follow the next steps:
- Complete your application form online: CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Print the application form and sign where required.
- Read the relevant guide to find out which documents you need to bring to your interview by clicking one of the links below:
Scan your completed application and all attached documents and send the scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State in your email which consulate you would like to lodge your application at and a likely timeframe. In case your require an emergency passport due to your passport being lost/stolen and/or the need to travel urgently, also state it in your email and read our general information on emergency passports.
- Passport staff at the Australian Embassy, Moscow will then check your application and liaise with you for any missing documents or information.
- Once your application is certified ‘ready to lodge’ by the Embassy, you will be provided with instructions on how to pay for your passport and associated fees. Please do not book any appointments with the Consulates before receiving confirmation from us that your application is ‘ready to lodge’.
- Once certified ‘ready to lodge’ and the exact payment is done, you can book an appointment with one of the consulates via the details below.
- For your interview appointment, please ensure that you bring your completed application and all original documents as these will need to be checked by consulate staff.
- The consulate will then scan the application, take certified copies of your original documents and conduct a passport interview. Please ensure you collect all your original documents.
- Once scanned, you should not change any information or attachments in the application. Any changes to the application form or documents following the interview will invalidate the application.
- Following the interview you should organise for your original application and the certified copies of your attachments to be sent directly to the Embassy at the following address:
Australian Embassy, Moscow
10A/2 Podkolokolny Pereulok
Moscow, 109028, Russian Federation
Embassy staff will then process your application and contact you once your passport is received. You should then organise for a courier to collect your passport from the Embassy. Please note that it is your responsibility to find and organise the courier service, including the payment of any courier fees.
Appointments are managed directly by the Consulate you chose to attend. To make an appointment please contact Consulate staff on the following details:
St Petersburg, Russia – Honorary Consul
- To lodge your application through the Honorary Consul in St Petersburg, please make an appointment for an interview via email (email@example.com) or over the phone +7812 325 7334.
- Interviews are normally conducted at: Office 22-N, 14 Petrovsky Prospekt, St Petersburg, 197110, Russia.
Vladivostok, Russia – Austrade Office
- To lodge your application through the Austrade representative in Vladivostok, please make an appointment for an interview via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or over the phone +7423 244 6782.
- Interviews are normally conducted at: Office 610, 3 Prospekt Krasnogo Znameni, Vladivostok, 690106, Russia.
Almaty, Kazakhstan – Honorary Consul
- To lodge your application through the Honorary Consul in Almaty, please make an appointment for an interview via email (email@example.com) or over the phone +7 727 258 5960.
- Interviews are normally conducted at: Esentai Tower, Al-Farabi Ave., 77/7, Almaty, Kazakhstan.