The health and safety of Australians overseas is our highest priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including measures put in place by local authorities, changes have been made to our services. These changes are intended to protect you (our clients), our staff and the wider community.
At this time we are not taking any routine passport or notarial appointments until further notice. Please continue to monitor our website and twitter for updates, and book an appointment with us once we resume our standard services.
If you require an Emergency Passport or other emergency services, please email us at [email protected] describing your circumstances or call on +7 495 956 6070 (during business hours).We will continue to prioritise consular services to those in genuine need.
If you require urgent consular assistance during business hours (9am - 5pm Monday to Friday), please contact us on +7 495 956 6070. Contact details of our Honorary Consulates in St Petersburg and Almaty are also available here. Outside business hours, please contact the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 62613305.
Please subscribe for updates and monitor our official travel advice on Smartraveller website.
New Smartraveller website launched
The new Smartraveller website has been launched.
Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel.
Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.
You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.
In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.
Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
2020 Passport and Notarial Services Fees
From 1 January 2020, the following passport and notarial services fees will apply:
- 10-year validity passport for people aged 16 and over- $298
- 5-year validity passport for people aged under 16 or 75 and over- $150
- Emergency and replacement passports- $187
- Overseas surcharge for adult applicants- $134
- Overseas surcharge for child applicants- $65
- Certifying a copy of document, witnessing signature- $73
- Apostille/Authentication certificate- $84
- Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI)- $148
For more information on notarial services fees please email [email protected].
Appointments and Security
- All passport and notarial services at the Australian Embassy in Moscow are provided by appointment only.
- The Australian Embassy in Moscow does not accept cash payments for passport and notarial fees. Only credit or debit card payments in Russian Roubles will be accepted for the payment of consular services, including passports and notarial acts. Payments must be made at the time of the appointment. In certain instances, payment can be made using a remote payment service.
- Security screening is in operation at the Australian Embassy in Moscow and is similar to airport screening.
- All visitors must present their passports to the guards to be able to enter the premises.
- Mobile phones must be switched off at all times while at the premises.
- The Australian Embassy in Moscow does not have public restrooms or baby changing facilities.
For more information please email [email protected]