General Recruitment Information
Who do we recruit?
Alongside diplomats posted from Australia, the Embassy employs a number of local staff with a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences.
Local staff can be Russian citizens, dual nationals or hold other nationalities (including Australian). However, applicants for local positions must have existing work rights in the Russian Federation as the Embassy cannot sponsor candidates for Russian work visas or permits.
Exemplary ethical conduct is a requirement of any prospective employee as this contributes significantly to the standing of Australia and the overall effectiveness of our work.
How do we recruit?
The Embassy advertises vacancies on this page with details of the roles and associated selection criteria, and further instructions on how to apply.
Please do not submit unsolicited CVs or Résumés if no vacancies are advertised, as these are not kept on file. Keep checking this page for vacancies.
The Embassy's recruitment decisions are made in a transparent manner, are based on merit and do not take into account an applicant's gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
The Embassy strives to ensure that our employees enjoy a professional, equitable, respectful and fair workplace.
Vacancies for Local Positions
Executive Assistant to the Ambassador
The Australian Embassy to the Russian Federation is seeking applications for the position of “Executive Assistant to the Ambassador”.
The main duties of this position are:
- Provide executive assistance to the Ambassador, including managing the Ambassador’s schedule, phone calls, business and travel needs, undertaking basic research, and handling correspondence, including preparing translations and interpreting as required.
- Organise Ambassadorial and Embassy events, including creating guest lists and invitations, managing RSVPs, arranging event logistics, liaising with the venue and staff, preparing menu and table cards, greeting guests, and ensuring the overall smooth running of such events.
- Assist in organising official visit programs including identifying suitable interlocutors, arranging appointments, coordinating program logistics, preparing briefing packs, greeting official visitors and responding to queries.
- Promote a positive image of contemporary Australia including assisting with the preparation of content for the Embassy's website and social media accounts, and helping to manage the Embassy's generic correspondence and inbox.
- Liaise with the Ambassador’s driver and Residence staff in relation to the Ambassador’s program and Residence operational issues.
- Assist with incoming diplomatic visa requests, and keep abreast of protocol requirements of relevance to the Ambassador’s activities.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are seeking a person who is self-motivated and demonstrates initiative. We need someone who is well organised, able to determine and adjust priorities (in consultation with their supervisor), and meet deadlines.
The successful applicant must demonstrate highly-developed communication and networking skills in English and Russian.
Applicants must be willing to undertake work outside normal business hours if required.
All Embassy employees must pass security checks (including a local police clearance) prior to employment.
Applications must be submitted to HeadHunter.ru on the following link https://hh.ru/vacancy/20385795?query=executive%20assistant by 12 May 2017.
Applications sent or delivered directly to the Embassy will not be considered.
Your application and curriculum vitae (CV) must be in English, addressing claims against the selection criteria below. Responses should be detailed but concise and include specific examples of demonstrated past experience. Applications should be no more than three pages in length and must be accompanied by a CV. Applicants should also provide the contact details of three work-related referees who can support the applicant’s claims.
To be considered, both your application and CV must be in English. Your application must address the selection criteria with detailed and well-structured responses.
- Highly developed skills and extensive experience providing executive assistance to senior executives in a professional environment.
- Proven ability to successfully manage logistically complex functions and events.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to progress tasks effectively while working as part of a team.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with proficiency in both written and verbal Russian and English. Ability to foster good internal and external client relationships.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and negotiation skills with the ability to liaise with people at a number of levels.
- Strong research skills and proven ability to use the web-based sources of information to access information. Proficiency in commonly-used computer software programs.
Previous experience in a diplomatic environment would be an advantage.
The Australian Government is a competitive and equal opportunity employer. A salary in the range between 78,353 and 95,997 Roubles (Gross) per month will be offered to the successful applicant, depending on their qualifications and experience.
Opportunities for Internships
There are currently no opportunities for internships at the Australian Embassy in Moscow.
Careers in the Australian Overseas Service
If you are an Australian citizen and are interested in joining the Australian overseas service, please check the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's careers page for requirements and how to apply.