The Australian Embassy in Moscow can assist you with applying for a new Australian passport, renew an expired passport or replace a passport that was lost or stolen.
Australians abroad, especially in Russia and in our countries of accreditations must ensure their passports are valid throughout their entire stay.
When renewing or replacing an Australian passport in Russia, pay particular attention to regulations regarding Russian visas. A Russian visa is only valid for the passport in which it was issued in. If the passport is cancelled, lost or is no longer valid, the visa also loses its validity. It is the responsibility of the passport holder to obtain a replacement visa for the new passport.
Whether you apply in Australia or overseas, it takes approximately three weeks to get a new passport. You can help minimise processing times by ensuring that when you lodge your application, you provide all the required and correct information.
Fees for passport services may change from month to month in line with exchange rate fluctuations. For the most up to date local fee for your service, please call or email us directly prior to organising payment.
Please note that we are unable to commence processing your application for a passport or a consular/notarial service, until we receive the correct payment.
Additional information and local guidance:
- Apply for a new (adult) passport
- Renew your (adult) passport
- Apply for a new or renew a child passport (under 18)
- Report your passport lost or stolen
Frequent Traveller Passports
Passport and Notarial Fees Increases
- Emergency passports
- CIS Passport Interviews
- Using and protecting your passport
- Letter of clarification for names in Australian passports (PDF - only download if requested by foreign authorities)
- Physically cancelling your passport (PDF - only download if instructed to do so by a consular/passports officer)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Australian Passports Office)
Additional and more extensive information can be found on the website of the Australian Passport Office: www.passports.gov.au