This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three months.
How to Apply
- Download the Visitor Visa (Tourist Stream) Document Checklist for a summary of documents you must provide when applying for this visa at the Australian Embassy, Moscow
- Apply online or using paper application
- Paper applications require Form 1419
- Pay the charge for your visa application
IF INFORMATION IN THE DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IS MISSING FROM YOUR APPLICATION, IT MAY DELAY OR PREVENT THE FINALISATION OF YOUR APPLICATION. THIS INCLUDES A COMPLETED COPY OF YOUR CV ON THE REQUESTED TEMPLATE.
Repeat Visits and Long Stays
This visa cannot be used for long-term stays or residence. To be eligible for a further Visitor visa in the future, you must maintain extended periods of time outside of Australia. If you would like to migrate or spend longer periods in Australia, you should explore other more appropriate visa options.
Fraud in Visa Applications
All applicants for visas should be aware that if your application include false or fraudulently obtained documents, or information that is false or misleading, your application may be refused. This includes information given by you, a member of your family, or another person acting on your behalf. You and your family members may also be barred from entering Australia for three years, which would include being considered for other visa types. This applies to both temporary visas (such as Visitors and Students), and permanent visas (such as Partner, Child and Other Family visas).
The immigration and citizenship fraud reporting service receives reports relating to individuals who do not hold a valid visa to remain in Australia, are working illegally in breach of their visa conditions, or have lied or provided false documents in their visa application.
From 13 March 2017, you will be able to view current global visa and citizenship processing times for most visa subclasses and citizenship types. To view current processing times, see the product page for the specific visa subclass or citizenship type you are applying for. You can navigate to any product from Individuals and Travellers or Visa Support. On the product page, two processing times will be displayed, indicating how long it takes to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of all applications submitted globally.
Processing times apply from the date your complete application is lodged.
You can also use the Visa Finder to compare processing times for up to three different products.
Please note that applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and that actual processing times may vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether the applicant has lodged a complete application including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly the applicant responds to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme (for permanent migration visas)
- surges in demand and peak periods
To ensure your application falls within the published processing times, we strongly encourage you to submit complete applications. The checklists provided on ImmiAccount will assist in making sure you have included all required documents during the application process.
In some circumstances you may be requested to undertake a medical examination. You should not undertake medical examinations until requested to do so by the Embassy
All visitors are strongly recommended to obtain comprehensive health insurance prior to travel.
If you are aged 75 or over, you must provide evidence that you have medical insurance for the full period of your intended stay in Australia and you must undergo a medical examination with an approved panel doctor.
See: Health Requirements