The health and safety of Australians overseas is our highest priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including measures put in place by local authorities, changes have been made to our services. These changes are intended to protect you (our clients), our staff and the wider community.
At this time:
- We are not taking any routine passport or notarial appointments until further notice. Please continue to monitor our website and twitter for updates, and book an appointment with us once we resume our standard services.
- If you require an Emergency Passport or other emergency services, please email us at [email protected] describing your circumstances or call on +7 495 956 6070 (during business hours).
- We will continue to prioritise consular services to those in genuine need. If you require urgent consular assistance during business hours (9am - 5pm Monday to Friday), please contact us on +7 495 956 6070. Contact details of our Honorary Consulates in St Petersburg and Almaty are also available here. Outside business hours, please contact the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 62613305.
- We do not register Australian travellers for the purposes of providing them with general updates on COVID-19 situation. Please subscribe for updates and monitor our official travel advice on Smartraveller website.
- Please register with us ONLY if you are seeking to urgently depart Russia or one of our countries of accreditation by emailing the following details to [email protected]: Full Name, DOB, Passport (number/expiry date), Location (city only), Contact Details (Email/Mobile number)
Please subscribe for updates and monitor our official travel advice on Smartraveller website.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest travel update on Smartraveller can be found here
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – information for Australian travellers can be found here
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)- information on travel restrictions to Australia can be found here
- Coronovirus (COVID-19)- information from the Department of Health can be found here
Ambassador of Australia to the Russian Federation
with non-resident accreditation to the Republics of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, the Kyrgyz Republic and Turkmenistan.
Mr Graeme Meehan
Mr Meehan is a career officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and was most recently Head of Post, Consulate-General, Shanghai. He has previously served overseas as Deputy Head of Mission, Australian Embassy, Beijing; Deputy Head of Post, Australian Representative Office, Taipei; and Counsellor, Australian Embassy, Beijing.
In Canberra Mr Meehan has served as Assistant Secretary, East Asia Branch; Deputy Head, China Free Trade Agreement Taskforce; and Director, Asia Section, International Division, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Mr Meehan holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from the University of Melbourne. He speaks Russian and Chinese.
The website includes information and links aimed at answering most of the commonly-asked questions about Australia, including on visas and immigration; services for Australian citizens living or travelling abroad; Australian culture; business opportunities; international activities and government services.
Whether you are interested in doing business with or investing in Australia, going on holiday, studying or just learning more about our country, we hope you find this site of use.
News, Updates and Events
New Smartraveller website launched
The new Smartraveller website has been launched.
Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel.
Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.
You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.
In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.
Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
Did you know that…
… Australia is the fourth largest economy in the Asian region and is the 12th largest economy in the world?
… Australian Indigenous art is the oldest ongoing tradition of art in the world?
… English is Australia’s national language but 300+ languages are spoken in Aussie homes?
Click here to learn more about Australian culture, politics, cuisine, economy and life!
Benefits of an Australian Education
Brought to you by Austrade Moscow
, Macquarie University, Monash University and Queensland University of Technologies, this YouTube video
highlights the benefits of an Australian education. An Australian education offers quality learning and education outcomes delivered by world class institutions in some of the most highly rated cities in the world.
Experience the difference an Australian education can make to your future career opportunities with globally recognised degrees. For more information check: www.studyinaustralia.gov.au