If you reside in the CIS, the Australian Embassy in Moscow is not the only place where it is possible to lodge the passport application. Interviews for passport applications can be arranged at the Australian Consulates in St. Petersburg and Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Please note that the Australian Consulates cannot witness any signatures on passport application forms.
This document should be read in conjunction with our other guides on how to apply or renew a passport at the Australian Embassy Moscow.
To lodge your application through our Consulates, follow the next steps:
- Complete your application form online: CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Print the application form and sign where required.
- Read the relevant guide to find out which documents you need to bring to your interview by clicking one of the links below:
- Once your application is ready to lodge, please book an appointment at one of the Consulates using the contact details below.
- For your interview appointment, please ensure that you bring your completed/signed application and all original documents as these will need to be checked by Consulate staff.
- The Consulate will then conduct a passport interview, accept your application, take copies of your original documents and certify them.
- After the interview, the Consulate will forward the application to the Embassy (in Moscow), and the Embassy staff will email you a Remote Payment Form with passport fees and instructions to arrange payment.
- After the payment is complete, the Embassy staff will process your application and contact you once your passport is received. Please note that it is your responsibility to organise a courier to collect your passport from the Embassy.
Appointments are managed directly by the Consulate you chose to attend. To make an appointment please contact Consulate staff on the following details: