If you reside in the CIS, the Australian Embassy in Moscow is not the only place where it is possible to lodge the passport application. Interviews for passport applications can be arranged at the Australian Consulates in St. Petersburg and Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Please note that the Australian Consulates cannot witness any signatures on passport application forms.
This document should be read in conjunction with our other guides on how to apply or renew a passport at the Australian Embassy Moscow.
To lodge your application through our consulates, follow the next steps:
- Complete your application form online: CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Print the application form and sign where required.
- Read the relevant guide to find out which documents you need to bring to your interview by clicking one of the links below:
Scan your completed application and all attached documents and send the scan to email@example.com.
- State in your email which consulate you would like to lodge your application at and a likely timeframe. In case your require an emergency passport due to your passport being lost/stolen and/or the need to travel urgently, also state it in your email and read our general information on emergency passports.
- Passport staff at the Australian Embassy, Moscow will then check your application and liaise with you for any missing documents or information.
- Once your application is certified ‘ready to lodge’ by the Embassy, you can book and appointment at one of the Consulates via the details below. Please do not book any appointments with the Consulates before receiving confirmation from us that your application is ‘ready to lodge’.
- For your interview appointment, please ensure that you bring your completed application and all original documents as these will need to be checked by consulate staff.
- The consulate will then scan the application, take certified copies of your original documents and conduct a passport interview. Please ensure you collect all your original documents.
- Once scanned, you should not change any information or attachments in the application. Any changes to the application form or documents following the interview will invalidate the application.
Following the interview you should organise for your original application and the certified copies of your attachments to be sent directly to the Embassy at the following address:
Australian Embassy, Moscow
10A/2 Podkolokolny Pereulok
Moscow, 109028, Russian Federation
Embassy staff will then email you a Remote Payment Form with passport fees and instructions to arrange payment. Please note that fees are updated and may change every month.
Once the payment is complete, the Embassy staff will process your application and contact you once your passport is received. You should then organise for a courier to collect your passport from the Embassy. Please note that it is your responsibility to find and organise the courier service, including the payment of any courier fees.
Appointments are managed directly by the Consulate you chose to attend. To make an appointment please contact Consulate staff on the following details:
St Petersburg, Russia – Honorary Consul
- To lodge your application through the Honorary Consul in St Petersburg, please make an appointment for an interview via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or over the phone +7 964 333 7572.
- Interviews are normally conducted at: 11 Moika street, St Petersburg, 191186, Russia.
Almaty, Kazakhstan – Honorary Consul
- To lodge your application through the Honorary Consul in Almaty, please make an appointment for an interview via email (email@example.com) or over the phone +7 776 108 3090.
- Interviews are normally conducted at: Esentai Tower, Al-Farabi Ave., 77/7, Almaty, Kazakhstan.